20 Dec 2017

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE





For all floors and restaurants etc.



Christmas items in the whole hotel in Egypt and a beautiful tree

more participants here




*******


1. Where have you found unexpected magic or delight this holiday season?

Unfortunately I didn't find any expected or unexpected magic or delight this holiday season.
For me personally Christmas has become a chore I have to go through. Too many pain and tears last year. I had to learn that Christmas has changed. The beautiful Christmas of my past as child and young mother don't exist anymore. It took me a long time to understand. And many people are in the same case, amongst my friends too. 

2. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? Will you/have you gathered in your favorite way this month?

I have no special favorite type of holiday gatherings, I enjoy birthdays, New Year, or just occasional gatherings without any reason.

3. Time has named 'The Silence Breakers' (women who came forward with stories of harassment) 'person of the year' for 2017. Would you agree? If not, who do you think deserves the title?

I don't know who deserves the title, I haven't followed this story. I only know that when I started working in 1963 sexual harassment was "normal" some women even accepted to go further in their career. I personally would be a rich woman if I would have reported to the police. Sounds a bit pretentious, but I always defended myself, with my sharp tongue, a slap in the face, my knee or with a high spike heel ! At that time nobody would have listened to me anyway.

4. How did you spend your time this year? Are you happy about that? Elaborate

I can't complain, it was a nice year, concerning travels, I enjoyed my tour around Ireland, and then my holidays in Egypt and in the meantime I visited friends for a few days. I also enjoy my scrabble and painting group, and was happy to "babysit" my grandson for the first time after 6 years  for a few days !

5. Bid farewell to 2017 in ten words or less.

Good bye anyway I won't see you again !

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Despite my flu and being so weak, I finally managed to decorate our living room for Christmas, but there are still some things to organize and buy and thinking of all that I feel I would be in front of the Mount Everest and had to climb up to the peak. When you are not in your normal state everything becomes a problem. I make an elephant out of a mosquito !




No Christmas  tree this year











12 comments:

  1. I have never had any trouble with men saying or doing stuff. In fact, when a driver from another company was rude to me, he got in trouble with my male colleagues who were defending me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad Gattina, but life changes. This is the last year we or my siblings will hold the Christmas celebration. A niece will take it on next year in her new big house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t felt much like Christmas for several years after my mom died, but this year I’ve felt an overwhelming happiness. Maybe your spirits will rise again, too?

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/12/two-poems-and-quote-about-oranges-merry.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing some holiday cheer with us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/12/a-word-ful-wordless-wednesday-on.html, and have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you’re feeling better soon. The holidays are hard for many people. Wishing you peace and joy in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ireland and egypt, sound like you had some great trips. I didn't get to travel this year, but I loved reading about your trips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your flu and weakness. Your trips sounded lovely. Hope you stay well now. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that 2018 is your best year yet. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gattina - have a very happy time ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas is mostly chore for me, too. I’ll be happy after I’m done with all the obligations.
    Your decorations are beautiful. I hope you are feeling better xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !