5 May 2017

HOLIDAY WEEK REVIEW - Egypt Red Sea

Since Tuesday I am on holidays at the Red Sea in Egypt, to escape the cold and grey "spring" weather and all the worries around me and the world !

Here it is the paradise the sun is shining the sky is blue it is very warm 30° or a little more, but with a little wind very nice !

It is the 9th time I am now in this hotel and I have never been here in May, always in November. It's amazing that there are no flowers and nothing is blooming, while end of the year it's a real flower show ! There are mostly English and Germans, very few French and a few Dutch. Everybody goes well together and as usual the atmosphere in this big hotel is rather homely.

When I arrived I was kissed and welcomed "home" by a few employees and in my room was a nice plate of fruits. New is also that there is now Internet everywhere even in the rooms.

I have no time to write, I am so busy with laying on the beach and watching people, or read my book, or I swim ! I am only interrupted for lunch !

In the evenings I am so tired from all this fresh air and swimming that I just watch a movie on the balcony of my room and then fall asleep ! I have to say that the animation team is not so much to my taste, but that's my personal opinion. Anyway I have seen these shows already so many times.




The view of the balcony of my room




Breakfast at the swimming pool or inside ! For everybody even real English breakfast ! I love these croissants and a fruit salad. For the first time I also have little guests on my table, birds ! Never happens in November.



The beach and the sea, there are a lot of activities, here it was beach ball



There are also a few Egyptians in the Hotel, a very friendly lady, only we were dressed differently _




The garden without flowers. There was a special supper for VIP guests. Unfortunately it was a little windy.

Still a few days to go ! Fortunately ! 





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

Five on Friday

17 comments:

  1. OH how wonderful that you have decent Internet now. I remember how you struggled in years before. Did you go to Egypt alone this time? I laugh at the beach ball in your view! Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful, restful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you are having a good time!! It looks amazing as usual and relaxing. Interesting the seasons are so different there -- I wouldn't have thought that. Good that they have improved the Internet Service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks lovely and I'm glad you are enjoying the break. We need to plan a break but I'd like to see my Grandson settled at home first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are enjoying your holiday! Enjoy the last few days you have left. The weather looks nice and bright and sunny.

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. With or without flowers it looks a delightful place to relax and enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gattina - glad to see you're away enjoying the sun .. looks good - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thrilled to hear you are enjoying yourself and having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great holiday, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must say you do look relaxed, have a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you are having a great time. - It's nice that you were able to go at a different time of the year and see how different the resort is. The view from your room is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos, have a good week. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you are really busy laying on the beach, swimming, etc :-) Such beautiful pictures. It must be nice to find different things by visiting there in different time of the year. Have a wonderful vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy the rest of your holiday - nine times to the same resort, it must be great. Have you thought of moving in permanently? it would save on airfares haha!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful you are on holiday! I feel like I need one so much. Unfortunately, until I get the OK from my doctors I cannot go anywhere. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous! I've never been to a place like this, so I'm truly grateful you've taken time to share. The hospitality sounds stellar . . . what a nice place to be.

    The differing cultures mix in peace? Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are having a fantastic vacation there. Really interesting photos!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !