3 Dec 2016

HOLIDAYS PART 5 - EDEN HILLS PHOTO HUNT

1. Starts with W
2. Week's Favorite
3. Machine




Water with a view on Hurghada (Egypt)



My favorite, I first wanted to run away because I thought it was a huge spider, then I thought it's only an algae, but it was really a water spider with a very complicated scientific name !

Unfortunately I can't show any tool, because I am on holidays and I don't work or see tools ! !


Linking to Eden Hills Photo Hunt

*******

This night I woke up because the wind was howling around the hotel and it was cool in my room. I got up and closed the window. In the morning, no sun and only 23° What a difference to the day before ! Chantal felt much better and could even eat a little breakfast.

We decided to take a taxi and do some shopping. The girl at the reception had told us that we should go to "Cleopatra" which is a big store with fixed prices, otherwise you always have to haggle. I like
haggling, Nicole and Chantal not at all.

The hotel taxi was very cheap we could hardly believe the price ! For 6 € he drove us to the shop
quite far away and back ! That's less that our bus fees home !

The shop was very nice 4 floors with everything, food, souvenirs, jewelry, leather things, clothes, we could buy all what we needed ! After 1 1/2 h the driver picked us up and drove us to the hotel. Nicole had bought mugs and spices, Chantal a silver ring, tea and also spices and we all bought little things for Christmas. After lunch we tried to stay a bit on the beach but it was so windy and cool that we only stayed for an hour and then we had enough.



Yesterday evening was a show with a Dervish and belly dancers, but as we had seen that so often we preferred to stay a bit and have a night cap in the hotel "living" and chatted with another French girl. This year there are many French speaking people here, that has never happened since I come here for the eights time.



The dancing Dervish



Nicole and I working ....

There are also a mother with 4 Teenage daughters who spoke such a strange language I couldn't find out what it was. Finally the curiosity won and they told me that they were coming from Lapland !! I asked why Father Christmas was not with them, and they said that he prefers staying in the room !



10 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina ~~ Looks like you are enjoying your Egypt Holiday. It is nice to be hot in ones winter, but not too hot. I enjoyed reading your posts, I dipped down until before the first one where you were in your art class.
    We were in Egypt once on a cruise. The ship stopped at Alexandria and we spent the whole day out. Museum in Alexandria, shopping and pyramids and camel ride and then dinner with our belly dancer in Cairo, then a long ride back to the ship. It made a long day.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shopping experience sounds like fun although I do prefer to haggle. The dancing looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a pity you didn't see Santa Claus but perhaps it was a little shy or busy. That looks like a great performance. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a haggler either, I prefer a set price, Looks like a good place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate haggling but sounds like a good shopping trip. The dervish performance looks good. We have seen belly dancing when we holidayed in Turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again I am enjoying your holiday. Must be interesting to meet people from Lapland, they must also be there to soak up some sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Chantal is feeling better :-)
    I much prefer fixed price than haggling. I enjoyed the dancing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one crazy-looking spider!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture of the spider in the ocean! Wow! It looks like a great holiday. I would love to go on a holiday! Maybe sometime we will, but it won't be for quite a few years at least. I noticed that one of your pictures has a fire extinguisher - so you did take a picture of a machine after all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you are having a wonderful time! I would have been startled by that water spider too. I would love to see the dancing. Your pictures are amazing! Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !