23 Dec 2016

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

1. Nothing special happened this week, besides picking up a last gift. Grandson Toby had asked for a Pokemon backpack for the school and I had to order it, it was not in the store anymore. All kids want Pokemon stuff, wherever they live ! Fortunately they still had it in their internet shop so I could order it there and pick it up in the shop. Unbelievable the amount of people in the toy shop, you could think that everything is for free. It was a Monday morning and the shop was full already !

2. I managed to go to Nicole who had some sewing done for me, we are the perfect team, I help her with all her tablet and paper stuff and she helps me for sewing and repairing things, each one of us in their speciality ! We chatted about Christmas and if we had forgotten nothing.

3. It's a nightmare to drive for the moment the city is packed and you ride in snail mode ! I try to avoid the main streets and use the little streets which are less known and so I slip through to the center. To get a parking space is a like buying the right lottery ticket !



For the moment I moved my office into the living room, to enjoy the Christmas decoration and also because it's warmer there. Rosie does the survey !

4. After 4 month of complete silence, my "friend" and neighbor Dominique called ! She hadn't been here not even for her house next door, which stood there like she had left it 4 month ago ! She had never come back after her marriage in September, although she lives with her new husband only about 10 km away, probably less ! We had lived for 15 years side by side, travelled together and spent a lot of time together, and she gave not even one phone call. I was really hurt. And then suddenly she calls as if nothing had happened, and asked me how I am !! I could have died in between, her house burnt down or other catastrophes could have happened, and she asks me how I am. I "assured" her that I am fine and then told her friendly that she could go to hell, and maybe show up next year. Friends like that I really don't need. As one in my painting course said : "What ? and all that for a guy ??" Probably now that the house will be rented she needs me to receive eventual tenants ! She has always called when she needed something. Some people are clever !

5. Our painting class celebrated Christmas ! What fun ! Everybody brought something to eat and Champagne to drink. There was a huge variety of food on the table ! Cheese, foie gras, cakes etc.



And here we were all, even the alderman for finance and social services came to wish us a Merry Christmas. After 4 bottles of Champagne and a full stomach we returned home and all regret that we have "school holidays" for 2 weeks !


















more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.


more participants here at FIVE ON FRIDAY

14 comments:

  1. School holidays for only 2 weeks! This side of the world it is about 7 weeks so I think I will stay home with Shibella. As for Dominique, well men do disrupt lives, sometimes it is better to have a cat. Tomorrow I must be at the shops at 7.30 am to get a parking spot in the shade. Today I went to the beach to paddle and give my feet a beauty treatment for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lunch definitely looks fun. Have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gattina - looks like Dominique needs an agent to look after the house ... I'd not get involved. The gathering and lunch looks fun and how nice the alderman came to wish you all a happy time ... Have a lovely Christmas and New Year - peaceful without Toby ... but enjoy all the same - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lovely lunch - good time had by all! Glad you heard from your neighbour. Ours left without a goodbye after selling his house. We were friendly so I was hoping to be able to pop over and say goodbye but the house was sold - though no sign was put up saying it had sold. Easy come, easy go.

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice set-up you have with a friend where you can help each other out in your areas of specialty. Glad you found a way to get Toby's present. It's not unusual in a "honeymoon" phase for newly married couple to be caught up in each other. But I agree with what someone else said that she needs to get an agent for her house and not expect you to help with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, how tipsy were you lot after all that champagne?

    I once told a 'friend' that I would rather not meet up with her anymore. When she called, she was just complaining about everything and nothing and the only thing I thought was that she should get off her backside and do something about the things she wasn't happy with. Instead, she just moaned and moaned. I would rather not have friends like that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another busy week for you. Sad that Dominique thought so little of your friendship that she ignored you for so long. Just as well you have many other friends. As usual your painting class is a hub of social activities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is too bad that your friend D ignored you but perhaps there is a good explanation. maybe she was overwhelmed with her life changes. I try to see the good in people and just let it go. It IS CHRISTMas after all.

    looks like you had a very busy week leading up to this holiday! enjoy!,

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have darling kitty cats. And I love your blog header -- it's charming and cozy.

    Wishing you the best of the season!
    Brenda



    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you could find Pokemon backpack online for your grandson. It seems really popular! I visited a mall and saw a long, long, long line of kids...it was for Pokemon store. Maybe they had some special sale or something...it was several years ago.
    Looks like you had a great time celebrating Christmas at painting class! Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I don't know how to say go to hell in a friendly way. I would have to think about it. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great to have talented friends to swap with. Your painting class sounds like such fun, champagne and all! The stores here have been crowded for weeks, and the traffic crazy. I think people are shopping and spending more this year!

    Merry, merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The painting party sounds like it was a great time!
    I love your description of looking for a parking spot being like having the winning lottery ticket.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a sad story about how Dominique treated you. Anyway you have still had holidays with friends and a fun party with your painting group.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !