19 Dec 2008

SHOW & TELL

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
More participants are here at Kelly's

On Tuesday my friend Ilona and I took the train from Brussels to Cologne (Germany) to visit the Christmas Market and the shops of course.






The Market was all around the Dom and very easy to find, just in front of the station ! I will write about the Market on Sunday.

Today I only show you what I bought. The first thing Ilona and I noticed was that there were very few Santa ornaments but at lot of angels, actually you almost saw only angels and of course the traditional balls. For me it was the paradise as I wanted to buy some more angels after a period of buying Santas and in Belgium there are more Santas than angels !



but first I found this cute cat, which hangs on my bookshelf now



together with these two



This funny one I hang in our Christmas tree



and these serve as earrings for my cats standing on my desk



I also found angels sitting on white clouds !





And then I found something VERY special, a cat as a book sign !! Of course I couldn't resist and add it to my cat collection ! Isn't that cute ?



I also needed some more keyhanger, although I doubt we have enough keys for using them



I also bought this little couple



and another angel who should keep me smiling the whole day !

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

22 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, I love the cat pictured first, it's adorable!! so are your angels. You have lovely decorations, Gattina.
    Merry Xmas to you and yours, including the feline members of the family.
    Und einen guten Rutsch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited one two weeks ago and it was so much fun! But I bought just a few things, way too expensive stuff there.
    Btw, I visited Waterloo some years ago, I liked the place so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The market pictures and buildings are so interesting to this mid-western girl ;-) I think my favorite ornaments were the angels on the clouds.

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ornaments--so cute!

    Merry Christmas!

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gday Gattina,,
    OHHH I love all your Christmas decorations you bought at the markets and your kitty book marks is so cute,, I hope to go to our Christmas market Sunday..
    Merry Christmas!!! to you and Mr Gattina,,, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful pictures you took! I love the wooden angel in the tree! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww... you found MANY fun ornaments! It appears it was a successful trip! I hope it was also that much fun! (I'm sUre it was...) I wish I could hop a train with you to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Gattina...Love them all. Thing is, I want so badly to make conversation of the 'traditional balls' you mention, but I will refrain....you know me, mind always in the gutter.

    Happy Friday, happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've visited the Cologne Cathedral and I really enjoyed seeing that picture today. You have some lovely things. Thank you for sharing. Please come visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the red-haired Angels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun day. Those are all cute. I especially like the first cat ornament shown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty site! And what neat things you found to take home:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed my visit to your blog and seeing all the pretty ornaments. Thanks for sharing them. Merry Christmas :)

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo pour les achats Gattina! Toutes les décorations sont à croquer! Je pense que l'esprit de Noël est vraiment là, chez toi à Waterloo! Je suis enfin en vacances! je vais pouvoir visiter aussi les marchés de Noël!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the ornaments
    My favourite is the cat - of course

    ReplyDelete
  16. The photo of the market in front of the church is so picturesque! I love angels too, I try to buy an angel from every country I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of cute things you found, and what a beautiful place to go shopping! Breathtaking! Love all your cats.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your really shopped , didn't you. I love the things you bought and thanks for sharing them with us in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! U have so many cat stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such sweet Christmas treasures, Gattina! Merry Christmas!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, that's a lot of purchase!!! i haven't seen such a cat as a bookmark ever.good idea

    ReplyDelete
  22. It must have been fun visiting that Christmas market.

    Those are great finds. I love the cute angels you bought. The cat stuff are great additions to your wide collection.

    Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !