6 Jun 2008

SHOW & TELL FRIDAY


and PROJECT BLUE
are here


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
More participants are here at Kelly's Show and tell Friday

Since a few weeks each time I entered our living room I found our sofas quite dirty and not looking very fresh. Cleaning didn't help, the sun had changed the colors in some places. What should I do ? And then came the idea ! I bought two big cotton/linnen covers and put them over the sofas.


and fixed them. Arthur found it very nice and tried the new cover immediately


as you can see he sleeps on there very well !


For the armchair I bought another color and fixed the cover,




with rings and decorations usually destinated for curtains. Now I have a new furniture in the living room !



We also had our roof cleaned and repainted so that I hope there will be no moss growing on for the next 20 years. That's at least what the guy told us !

15 comments:

  1. Oh, your room looks so cozy! Great idea about these cotton covers.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Ruuta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our old leather furniture looked terrible because of the sun shining through our windows, which didn't have curtains. Once we got new furniture, we got curtains as well, I hope they help.
    You are very creative, love the decorative idea to make the covers fit!!
    Can't get over the fact that you are so creative and multi-posting :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the creativity of those new covers Gattina!!! Very impressive, and the room looks like it'd be a place to spend the entire day! Very comfortable and livable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely room, and the kitty looks too comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love Arthur! He is so handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love how kitties can make themselves at home wherever they are!? That's a great idea and cheaper than buying new!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, Gattina! Everything looks new! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is such a great shot of Arthur lying there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhhh! The roof is finally done! And the furniture looks great! Very creative of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are very nice and I like the red one best. Luckily, I have no sun shining in my windows near my upholstery. I do like curtainless windows. I like lots of light coming in.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like your cat is enjoying it Gattina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a nice solution! And comfy, too, so the kitty thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your livingroom is so cozy and I love the new covers that you made! I can see your kitty likes them too :0)
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kitties do alot of damage to
    funiture, so I have covers over
    my furniture too! Your covers look
    much cozier than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your room looks so cozy and inviting! Wonderful Show and Tell! Thanks for sharing!

    Join me every weekend for "Weekend Decorating" on my blog: http://emsbingy.blogspot.com if you would like to. Hope to see you there!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !