25 May 2008

WEEKLY WINNERS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Quilly's Alphabet is here


are here





More participants here at Sarcastic Mom Weekly winners

My winners this week are the pictures of the Statues I took in the museum of Olympia in Greece two weeks ago. I can't remember the names of all statues of course, but for me the beauty of them was more important. They all were found in the ruins of the Zeus and Hera temple.




God Eros as little baby. He looks so cute


What a wonderful sculptural work with the hairs !




The only statue of twin brothers ever found


The remains of an Amazone









What an amazing work with the folds of the cloth !



Look at this belt !


These are the details ! It shows Romulus and Remus nursed by the wolf. Rom was named after Romulus.

13 comments:

  1. you travel to the best places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree: The statues are breath taking wonderful - thanks for sharing!

    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou very much for sharing your photos of the statues...

    just wonderful..


    cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extremely interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love museums. Although I find that Hubby and I view them differently. He must stop and revel in each painting or sculpture, while I tend to go by ones that do not catch me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pictures. What a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really neat to see such OLD relics. Thanks for sharing & pointing out some details:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. G'day Gattina! I really, REALLY like the 2nd 'winner' photo of yours. The baby Eros.

    That's a perfect photo. Around here in the states, it's illegal to photograph museum works of art, even the statues.

    Hope your weekend has been perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Really, wow! It's so fascinating to see sculptures so old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beatiful works of art. Thanks for sharing them with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The folded cloth one is most impressive to me although they are all pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics of the statues. And you peace globe is fantastic. I still need to do mine. I want to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow - what an experience and artwork

    Beautiful all of them

    my WW is up
    My Little Drummer boys

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !